Tushita is a meditation center with more than 20 years of experience and a solid foundation in a widely proven Buddhist tradition.
The center follows the philosophy and meditative practices of the Buddhist tradition that have been transmitted and tested for millennia. In particular, the courses and retreats offered by the center are based mainly on the Guelug tradition of Tibetan Buddhism, being the main references Lama Yeshe, Lama Zopa Rinpoche and the Dalai Lama.
The courses and retreats are nourished by this knowledge and are adapted to the characteristics of the society and culture in which we live.
During the more than 20 years of Tushita’s history, great masters and meditators have visited the place, people with great knowledge and contemplative experience such as Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Kirti Tsenshab Rinpoche, Gueshe Jampa Tegchok, Yangsi Rinpoche or Lama Jampa Monlam, among others , who with their teachings have left an indelible mark on the center as well as on the people who knew them.
The center is affiliated with the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT), an international organization with more than 150 centers, projects and services spread all over the world. The FPMT was founded by Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rimpoché, who is currently his spiritual director, and follows the lineage of the Guelug tradition of Lama Tsong Khapa. In the FPMT, Shugden is not practiced, and the highest representative of Tibetan Buddhism, the Dalai Lama, is referred to.
The Tushita Meditation Center is a non-profit entity belonging to the Community for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (CPTM), registered in the Ministry of Justice in the General Directorate of Religious Affairs with the number 158-sg. He is also a member of the Spanish Buddhist Federation and the Catalan Coordinator of Buddhist Organizations.
The center has seven shared rooms to acommodate up to 25 people, a dining room, a study area and art gallery, ample space for reading and relaxing and a meditation room. It is an ideal place for group retreats.
Enjoy the opportunity to discover the simplicity and tranquility of life in the countryside, to live in harmony with others, and to enjoy our delicious meals, made with organic vegetarian food prepared especially for the activities performed.
- Blanket for sitting meditation (meditation cushions are provided by the center, as well as some wooden blankets).
- Warm socks to stay the gompa if it is winter, especially if you will be sitting in a chair
- Sleeping bag or top bed sheets (fitted sheets, pillowcases and blankets are provided by the center. If you don’t bring sleeping bag or top bed sheets, the center will provide the top bed sheets, with a 3€ charge for laundry). Any additional clean set will have a charge of 3€.
- Towel (in the case this is provided by the center, there will be a 3€ charge for laundry). Any additional clean towel will have a charge of 3€.
- Flip-flops for the shower.
- Warm clothes, since we are in the mountains. If it is not winter, note that the temperatures vary a lot, and thus it is advisable to bring also some clothing for hot weather. In winter thermal underwear it is useful.
- The center can provide toiletries, if ordered (once there).
Since electricity comes from solar panels the energy is limited, and it is therefore not possible to plug appliances such as hair dryers.
In general, the area has neither mobile phone coverage nor internet, although it is possible to find some spots with coverage. Ideal for a weekend off!
We request your cooperation in maintaining the place and the activities, by joining a team for collaborating in different tasks (what it is called karma-yoga).
Please contact the center.
It is not possible to pay with credit/debit card in the center.